Pages

Tuesday, March 18, 2014

Cell Phones - it's not a phone

I recently became a Common Sense Media Certified Educator through Graphite.org. Great site! It is a wealth of information for teachers beginning to dabble with technology in the classroom. I have written a couple of App Flows (using apps from introduction to completion of a concept/project) example and now, I think along those lines. I just really cannot imaging teaching without incorporating phones. Just like I couldn't imagine going a day without my phone. I dropped my landline several years with reluctance, but haven't regretted at all! 
In fact - when I conduct business, people ask for my number and the next question is, "Is this a cell phone?" Uh yeah...why?? Why? Because II get updates on postal mail via text, updates on my car being serviced (if you own a Mini - I am sorry, but you know how that is) and I get COUPONS via text....Helloooo :):)

Do you talk on your phone? Your students don't. Do you get info from your phone? We all do! Have you checked into foursquare or Yelp!(for the COUPONS) So do your kids...Why not teach them how to efficiently and purposefully use the phone for your lessons?